|QUICK REVIEW - NOVEMBER 2012|
|Written by Administrator|
|Saturday, 01 December 2012 03:47|
QUICK REVIEW - NOVEMBER 2012
1. Name the German Luxury Carmaker which had purchased 40 percent stakes of the Mercedes Formula One Motor Racing Team?
2. Which anti doping agency Proposed Four-Year Ban for Felony Athletes under New Code?
WADA(World Anti-Doping Agency).
3. Name the players who were nominated IAAF World Athletes of the Year 2012b in men and women sections?
Usain Bolt and Allyson Felix.
4. Who is the youngest Triple Champion in Formula One History?
5. Which the Indian Cricketer on 6 November 2012 received the honorary membership of the Order of Australia?
6. Name the cricketer who won South-African Sportsman of the Year 2012 award?
7. Name the nation that won Asian Kabaddi Championship-2012?
8. Recently the Indian Cricket Captain and right handed wicket-keeper batsman, Mahendra Singh Dhoni renamed his Superbike Championship Team. What was the previous name of his racing team and it has been changed to?
MSD R-N Racing Team India to Mahi Racing Team India.
9. Name the Indian Cricketer who was chosen for the Board of Control for Cricket in India's (BCCI) Polly Umrigar award for being India's top international cricketer in 2011-12.
10. Name the Secretary of the Bengal Tennis Association who on 1 November 2012 was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The All India Tennis Association (AITA).
11. A study led by Scientist and Evolutionary Anthropologist, Dean Falk of Florida State University revealed in the Month of October that a Physicist’s brain had an "extraordinary" prefrontal cortex-unlike those of most people which may have contributed to his remarkable genius. What is the name of this physicist?
12. Researchers from Stanford who were led by the scientists of Indian origin, in the third week of November 2012 claimed the development of fastest as well as most reliable mathematical algorithm which can help the disabled trick the computer cursors. The computer cursors could be controlled with the help of which mechanism?
13. Gases that come out from the volcano provides a potential threat to the people, animal and agriculture as well as property of the people residing in the nearby area of the volcano. The gases released from the volcano contains gases like sulphur dioxide, hydrogen fluoride and carbon dioxide in huge amount, which pollutes the air in the atmosphere. Which of the above mentioned gas causes acid rain?
Sulphur di oxide.
14. Researchers fabricated an all-new paperthin bullet-proof super material, which has the capability to self-assemble into alternating rubbery as well as glassy layers. The nano-material has the ability to translate into the safety beyond the vests. These technological advancements could be used for protective coating for the jet engine turbine blades as well as the satellites. Name the institute from which the researchers and scientists belong to?
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Rice University.
15. Australia on 22 November 2012 approved the plan to save an ailing river system. What is the name of this ailing river system?
Murray-Darling Basin River System.
16. Which is the third brightest object in the sky after sun and moon?
International Space Station (ISS).
17. Scientists on 8 November 2012 revealed about the discovery of a special type of bacteria in the Ocean with abilities of combining together for the formation of the long conducting nano wire cable for transportation of electrons and capturing the oxygen available at the surface for carrying out the metabolic activities. What is the live wire made up of?
Living biological cells.
18. Scientists tracked 55 large robber crabs on the Christmas Island in South of Indonesia in the third week of November, 2012. It was found that the land crabs having the leg span of around 3.3 feet or 1 metre usually stay in the small home range. Which technology was used to track these crabs?
19. Major changes on the earth’s surface by checking the increase or decrease in gravity level are detected by which organization?
Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE).
20. The Tongariro Volcano in Mount Tongariro at Tongariro National Park, New Zealand erupted on 21 November 2012. This was which kind of a volcano?
21. The Mantle comprises of thick molten rock. What is this thick molten rock called?
22. When was the term Photochemical Smog first used and described?
23. The world's rarest whale species was spotted for the first time by scientists of New Zealand in the Pacific Ocean. What is the name of this rarest whale species?
Spade-toothed beaked whales.
24. The research paper published by the scientists presents a positive report about the change in the number of vultures, which resulted in a catastrophic decline in its number by more than 99 percent in past two decades. The study reveals that there has been a marginal rise in the population of Vultures between 2011 and 2012. Who published the research paper?
Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS).
25. Australia on 16 November 2012 created the world's largest network of marine reserves, protecting more than 2.3 million square kilometres of ocean environment. However, the Marine reserve creation is going to ruin coastal communities and it will also affect thousands of jobs with a serious impact on US $ 2 billion aquaculture Industry. This was criticised by which organisation/organisations?
Commonwealth Fisheries Association.
26. Name the Agency that announced in November 2012 that United States would takeover Saudi Arabia as world’s biggest oil producing nation by 2017?
International Energy Agency.
27. Name the country that recognized the new Syrian Opposition Coalition in the month of November 2012.
28. India and Japan in November 2012 signed Earths Pact on?
Rare Earth Minerals.
29. US recently lifted import bans from a country before the historical visit of President Obama to it. Name the Country to which Obama made his visit?
30. Bangladesh opted out of D-8 Summit Scheduled to be Held in Pakistan in November 2012. What was the cause for this decision made by Bangladesh?
Because Pakistan refused to apologise for the deeds committed during 1971 war which eventually led to Bangladesh’s independence.
31. Name the party that won U.S. Presidential Elections 2012?
32. How many states in US Presidential elections are considered as Swing Sates?
9 swing states.
33. Name the person who is the third Indian-American in the U.S. House of Representatives?
34. Name the US President from Democratic Party before Obama, to serve White House for continuous two terms after World War II.
35. Who unveiled the Bronze Bust of Noor Inayat Khan, the lady reckoned to be a heroine of the World War II in November 2012 at London and at which place was it unveiled?
Britain's Princess Anne at Gordon Square.
36. Who is the writer of the book the Spy Princess- the Life of Noor Inayat Khan?
37. India and Britain during the Foreign Minister level talks decided to step-up cooperation’s on an issue. What is the issue on which the cooperation’s were discussed?
38. CIA Director in November 2012 resigned as head of the leading US spy agency shocking the intelligence community. Name this director?
39. India-Japan-US Trilateral Dialogue was held in New Delhi in to enhance cooperation on combating maritime security, combating piracy and leveraging their strengths to shape the Asia-Pacific architecture and was the third trilateral meeting of its type. What was the place, where the first round of these talks took place?
40. India and Canada in November 2012 succeeded in creating a mechanism for shipping Canadian Uranium to India clearing the mistrust generated on the Canadian side after the nuclear explosion from India. When the explosion done and what did was the main issue.
In 1974 when India used the plutonium that was allegedly abstracted from the Canadian test reactor to carry on a nuclear explosion.
41. United Kingdom recently in November 2012 lifted its travel advisory from an Indian State-name the state?
Jammu and Kashmir.
42. Name the lady reckoned to be a heroine of the World War II and was the world’s first lady radio operator, who was infiltrated in the then occupied France.
Noor Inayat Khan.
43. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) on 5 November 2012 issued a cap of 100 SMSs per day at concession rate. It also fixed a rate of 50 paise per SMS beyond the decided cap. The body has also placed limitation on the unregistered telemarketers for sending the SMSs, what is the limitation for these telemarketers put forward by the body.
200 SMSs per hour.
44. Name the person who won the prestigious Kyoto Prize in Kyoto in November 2012.
Renowned literary critic and educator Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak.
45. Name the person who won WISE Award 2012. Wise Award is also known as a Nobel Prize for Education.
Dr. Madhav Chavan of Charity- Pratham.
46. A rare 76 carat diamond named after the Austrian owner Archduke Joseph August was auctioned in November 2012 at a record price of Euros16.9 million or approximately 118 crore rupees at the auction, which was held at Geneva. Name the place from where it was mined?
From the mines of erstwhile Golconda Kingdom.
47. The Government of India in 2012-2013 budget appointed a committee on finalization of guidelines for GAAR-General Anti-Avoidance Rules to find out ways for preventing tax evasion after for undertaking the consultations of stakeholders. Name the person who headed the commission?
Dr. Parthasarsthi Shome.
48. The Union Cabinet of India in November 2012 passed the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Policy (NPPA). As per the new pricing policy declared by the Union Government, what is the number of essential drugs that would come under price control policy of the nation?
49. The Ministry of Defence in India inaugurated a coastal chain of static sensors positioned along the coast of a state in November 2012. The event also signified the operationalisation of the network on the East coast. Name the state-where these coastal chains of static sensors were inaugurated?
50. The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is an independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India. It came into existence by the Act of the Parliament and the act was named as?
Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act 1997.
51. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 passed in the Indian Parliament in May 2012 defines child as a person who comes under the age group of?
0 years to 18 years.
52. The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 has defined the ways to provide a child friendly process of offence reporting to evidence recording, trial and investigations. Which Section of the Act allows the Union Government to make the necessary changes in the Act, whenever and wherever applicable?
53. Name the agencies that would be monitoring the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012 and its provisions, periodically?
The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
54. The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) gave clean chit to Rajasthan Atomic Power Plant (RAPP) that was hit by a controversy over the clean-chit. Over the controversial unit 6 of RAPP that was exposed to hazardous tritium. Name the place, where this Energy Agency is located?
55. What is the full form of GAAR which was proposed in 2012-13 budgets with a view to preventing tax evasions.
General Anti-Avoidance Rules.
56. Name the Tamil Writer and Novelist who died in the month of November?
57. Name the State announced tablet computers for students who will pass matriculation?
58. TRAI regulated a cap of certain number of SMSs at Concession rates. What is the new regulated number of SMSs allowed by TRAI?
59. Name the body that acts as the independent regulator of the telecommunications business in India?
TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India).
60. The new version of Aakash 2 launched by the Indian President Pranab Mukherjee would be made available to students at a price of 1130 Rupees. The initial one lakh devices is going to be made available to students of which segment.
Engineering colleges and universities.
61. Name the Indian Oil's Refinery that was awarded the Platinum Award in the 13th Annual Greentech Environment Awards. Indian Oil's Mathura Refinery.
62. The World Development Report 2013: Jobs was released by the a particular organization that stressed upon the role of strong private sector in creation of jobs, outlining the facts that how can the jobs encourage development and incite an honest cycle. Name the organization that issued the report?
63. What was the theme of the 14 days India International Trade Fair that was celebrated in Delhi in November 2012?
Looking at future endeavors.
64. In the Forbes Global 2000 ranking list of the World’s biggest companies NTPC was ranked at which position in 2012?
65. The Union Government of India on 24 November 2012 announced to set up a National Cancer Institute (NCI) and a National Cardio Care Centre (NCCC) at the second campus of All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at?
Badhsa village of Jhajjar, Haryana.
66. The Reserve Bank of India asked Banks not to Provide Loans for Purchase of Gold but allowed the banks to sanction loans as per the general working capital requirements to one section of the business market. Name the section that has been kept aside from the cover of no loan policy for purchase of gold?
67. The Ministry for Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) raised the income criterion for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) housings from 60000 Rupees per year to a particularlevel. What is the new declared for EWS?
1 lakh rupees per year.
68. Petrol Prices in Indian market was slashed for the second time since October 2012 and the decision of slashing down the rates of petrol came in response to the weakening of the petrol rates per barrel in the international market. In October there was a cut of 56 paise per liter in the price of petrol. What was the cost cut per liter in November 2012?
69. Government of India in November 2012 signed a 70-million US Dollar loan agreement with World Bank. The agreement was signed for?
Financing the Karnataka Health Systems Development as well as Reform Project.
70. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the disinvestment of a certain percent of Government Stake in the Maharatna PSU-National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) in November 2012 from its present holding of 84.50 percent. What is the percentage of holding that CCEA has agreed on disinvestment
71. Name the leading telecommunications services provider with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa that completed a network transformation programme across its mobile operations in 16 African countries in partnership with Ericsson in November 2012?
72. Sahara Group moved to a body against SEBI asking for some more time for submission of the documents in context with around 3 crore investors in a case which involves two companies- Sahara Housing Investment Corporation (SHICL) and Sahara India Real Estate Corporation (SIRECL). Name the authority to which Sahara group filed its petition.
Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT).
73. Nokia India in November 2012 launched its re-branded mobile map services in the Indian market. Name the service?
74. Airtel recently lost title sponsorship race for the Indian Premier League to a close competition. Name the company?
75. Name the Rating Agency that downgraded the Debt Rating of Sony Corp. and Panasonic Corp to Junk status in the month of November 2012?
76. Name the country that has issued ban on the import of Egg and Chicken from India in wake up of the recommendations of the World Organisation for Animal Health about the outbreak of bird-flu in the Government run Turkey Farm at Hesaraghatta, Karnataka.
77. The Union Government of India in the Month of November 2012 announced a revised Minimum Support Price (MSP) for cotton and this would help in inducing stabilisation in cotton price. Cotton has witnessed a sharp decline in the past and remained operational round about its minimum support price. The previous minimum support price of medium staple cotton was 2800 rupees per quintal. What is the revised price for the same?
3600 rupees per quintal.
78. The GAIL Gas Limited and a State Petroleum Corporation Limited recently in November 2012 signed an agreement for a Joint Venture to lay down the natural gas supply pipeline in the state. Name the state petroleum corporation with which GAIL inked the agreement?
Rajasthan State Petroleum Corporation Limited.
79. The South African Reserve Bank in November 2012 rolled out new bank notes bearing the face of the country’s iconic personality of the nation, marking it as a tribute to him. Name the person, whose face was introduced in the currency notes?
80. What was the percentage of retail inflation registered by Indian Market in the month of October 2012, as per the data released by the Union Government of India in November 2012 as per the measurement done on the scale of Consumer Price Index?
81. Karishma Kapoor was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of a reputed French Fries and Potato Specialties firm in India. Name the company that appointed her as its ambassador?
McCain Foods India Pvt. Ltd.
82. Himalaya Drug Company in second week of November 2012 won a fifteen years long battle in the Delhi High Court against the homoeopathic firm over infringement of its medicine Liv 52 with its own preparation that was named as Liv-T. Name the Homeopathic firm from which the battle was won?
83. Name the financial services giant that in November 2012 named 16 Indians as MDs and 3 as Partners of its group?
84. The General Motors recently in November 2012 announced its plans of expand its annual commissioning capacity at a Plant to 1.10 lakh units per year. The recent capacity of that plant is 85000 units. Name the plant?
Halol Plant, Gujarat.
85. Name the Airlines Maldivian Airlines that signed a pact with the Chennai-headquartered Apollo Hospitals to give discounts to each others’ clients in the month of November 2012?
86. Name the Online travel company that in November 2012 acquired the Hotel Travel Group (HT Group) for $25 million.
Make My Trip India Pvt Ltd.
87. Name the British Defence major that signed an agreement with Smile Foundation, a Non-Government Organisation for supporting the underprivileged in Health Care and Primary Education?
88. Vodafone recently tied up with a Bank for launching its Mobile Payment Services. Name the Bank with which the tie-up was done?
89. In November 2012 a chain of coffee bar and a English Book Publishing company tied up to launch the books together. Name the two brands?
Barista Lavazza and Penguin Books.
90. Name the Swiss Company that acquired French apparel company Lacoste?
91. What is the logo of the French apparel company Lacoste?
92. Name the integrated travel and travel-related financial services company that launched prepaid foreign exchange borderless prepaid card in collaboration with MasterCard Worldwide, a global payments and technology company?
Thomas Cook (Australia).
93. Japan’s oil firm acquired 26 percent stake of Krishna Godavari basin of deep sea block of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) in November 2012. Name the company that acquired this sea block from ONGC?
94. Name the state that slapped a fine of 6000 crore rupees on Tata Steel for illegal mining in the month of November 2012?
|Last Updated on Sunday, 16 December 2012 06:00|